Maintaining the security of your data is a priority at Iolite Pharma Consulting Limited, and we are committed to respecting your privacy rights. We will handle your data fairly and legally at all times. Iolite Pharma Consulting Limited is dedicated to being transparent about the data we collect about you and how we use it.
This policy, which applies whether you visit our premises or use our website, provides you with information about:
- how we use your data;
- what personal data we collect;
- how we ensure your privacy is maintained; and
- your rights relating to your personal data.
Iolite Pharma Consulting Limited use your personal data:
- to provide goods and services to you;
- to make a tailored website available to you;
- to manage any registered account(s) that you hold with us;
- to verify your identity;
- for crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
- with your agreement, to contact you electronically about products and services which we think may interest you;
- for market research purposes - to better understand your needs;
- to enable Iolite Pharma Consulting Limited to manage customer service interactions with you; and
- where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
Iolite Pharma Consulting Limited uses your personal data for electronic marketing purposes (with your consent) and may send you both postal and electronic mail to update you on the products and services offered by Iolite Pharma Consulting Limited and news.
Iolite Pharma Consulting Limited aims to update you about products & services which are of interest and relevance to you as an individual.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time, by:
- changing marketing preferences;
- making use of the simple “unsubscribe” link in emails; and/or
- contacting Iolite Pharma Consulting Limited via the contact channels set out in this Policy.
Sharing data with third parties
Our service providers and suppliers
In order to make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal data with some of our service partners. These include IT, delivery and marketing service providers.
Iolite Pharma Consulting Limited only allows its service providers to handle your personal data when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls. We also impose contractual obligations on service providers relating to data protection and security, which mean they can only use your data to provide services to Iolite Pharma Consulting Limited and to you, and for no other purposes.
Other third parties
Aside from our service providers, Iolite Pharma Consulting Limited will not disclose your personal data to any third party, except as set out below. We will never sell or rent our customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes.
We may share your data with:
- governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so:-
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases);
- for the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders; and
- for the protection of our employees and customers.
How long do we keep your data?
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however the longest we will normally hold any personal data is 7 years.
What personal data do we collect?
Iolite Pharma Consulting Limited may collect the following information about you:
- your name, address, telephone number, mobile number and email address;
- your contact details: postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) and e-mail address;
- purchases and orders made by you;
- your online browsing activities on Iolite Pharma Consulting Limited website;
- your communication and marketing preferences;
- your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses;
- your location;
- your correspondence and communications with Iolite Pharma Consulting Limited; and
- other publicly available personal data, including any which you have shared via a public platform (such as a Twitter feed or public Facebook page).
Our website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
This list is not exhaustive and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Policy. We may also collect personal data from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us, or from publicly available sources.
You have the following rights:
- the right to ask for a copy of personal data that we hold about you (the right of access);
- the right (in certain circumstances) to request that we delete personal data held on you; where we no longer have any legal reason to retain it (the right of erasure or to be forgotten);
- the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you (the right of rectification);
- the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you and to object to us using / holding your personal data if we have no legitimate reasons to do so (the right to object);
- the right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to ‘restrict processing of data’; which means that we would need to secure and retain the data for your benefit but not otherwise use it (the right to restrict processing); and
- the right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to supply you with some of the personal data we hold about you in a structured machine-readable format and/or to provide a copy of the data in such a format to another organisation (the right to data portability).
- If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
Legal basis for Iolite Pharma Consulting Limited processing customer personal data
Iolite Pharma Consulting Limited collects and uses customers’ personal data because is it necessary for:
- the pursuit of our legitimate interests (as set out below);
- the purposes of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract for the sale of goods to a customer; or
- complying with our legal obligations.
In general, we only rely on consent as a legal basis for processing personal data in relation to sending direct marketing communications to customers via email.
Customers have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn.
Our legitimate interests
The normal legal basis for processing customer data, is that it is necessary for the legitimate interests of Iolite Pharma Consulting Limited, including:-
- selling and supplying goods and services to our customers;
- protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare;
- promoting, marketing and advertising the products and services provided by Iolite Pharma Consulting Limited;
- sending promotional communications which are relevant and tailored to individual customers;
- understanding our customers’ behaviour, activities, preferences, and needs;
- improving existing products and services and developing new products and services;
- complying with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies;
- handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes;
- managing insurance claims by customers;
- fulfilling our duties to our customers, colleagues and other stakeholders.
What are cookies?
What are cookies used for?
The main purposes for which cookies are used are:-
- For technical purposes essential to effective operation of our website, particularly in relation to site navigation.
- To enable Iolite Pharma Consulting Limited to collect information about your browsing, to monitor the success of pages, campaigns, news items etc.
How do I disable cookies?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use. Further details on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers are set out below:-
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
- Click on the “privacy” tab
- Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Google Chrome:
- Choose Settings> Advanced
- Under "Privacy and security," click “Content settings”.
- Click “Cookies”
- Choose Preferences > Privacy
- Click on “Remove all Website Data”
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”
- Click on the icon “privacy”
- Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the website may not operate properly if cookies are switched off. If you only disable third party cookies, you will not be prevented from making purchases on our sites. If you disable all cookies, you will be unable to complete a purchase on our sites.
Data Protection Officer or DPO
Iolite Pharma Consulting Limited has an appointed Data Protection Officer to ensure we protect the personal data of our customers (and others) and comply with data protection legislation.
If you have any questions about how Iolite Pharma Consulting Limited uses your personal data that are not answered here, or if you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer by:
- phone: +44 (0) 1234 834795
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- write to: Data Protection Officer, Iolite Pharma Consulting Limited, Suite S12, Bedford i-lab Priory Business Park Stannard Way, Bedfordshire MK44 3RZ
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further information, including contact details, is available at https://ico.org.uk.
This policy was last updated in May 2018.